Friday, June 15, 2012

When it rains it pours

I have now been here for four days and I thought that the Irish weather was not as bad as I had heard... until yesterday!  It started raining around 6 pm last night and did not stop until 4 pm today!  At times it was pouring and other times it was only misting but the rain never stopped.  I don't think I've ever seen it rain for that length of time back home.

Tonight, Ruby and Maisy went to their Irish dancing class that they have every Friday evening.  And yes its like lord of the dance!  While the girls were at their lesson, I went with Dave and Ciara (and Pippa!) to the local pub called Whyte's.  They bought me a pint and we had a great time together!  I have to say I was amazed at how large a pint actually is.  It is much bigger than the traditional 12 or 16 oz drafts at home.  I was also surprised to see this pub served Coors light and Miller light!  I had another Bulmers which was just as good as the first one I had the other night.  Dave asked me if I would like a Guinness but after seeing the dark draft I decided to save it for another time.

I have my first weekend off this weekend but nothing too adventurous planned quite yet!  I'm hoping to meet up with another Au Pair who I've met in the neighborhood and get a tour of the village.

3 comments:

  1. Ooooo, this sounded like fun! I would love to see Irish dancing lessons and have a drink in an Irish pub!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK- so Im just getting around to reading your blog. Yea, Yea, Yea...you've been gone like 3 weeks now. Whatever, I figured I would give you a head start.

    OK, so it rained. Question. Important one. Did you feel silly walking around in your Northface rain jacket while all the Irish were wearing "wax" jackets?????

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha I am sad to report i have seen no wax jackets as of yet. I definitely have the only northface around but all of the other rain jackets look the same...

    ReplyDelete